The Amazing Spider-Man 2 is now in theaters! By far the most challenging of Earth Angel projects to date, but also one of the most successful. Here are all of the incredible eco achievements that came out of this extraordinary production with the help of Sony Pictures Sustainability:
- 744 tons of waste diverted from landfills!
- 193,000 plastic water bottles NOT used
- 5,861 meals recovered from leftovers and donated to shelters
- @EcoSpidey twitter campaign launched
- Certified Carbon Neutral production
- Green Seal recipient from Environmental Media Association
- Spider-Man became the first super hero ambassador to EarthHour
- Greenest blockbuster in Sony Pictures’ history!!!!!
Look for the Sony Pictures a Greener World logo in the end credits…the first movie in Sony’s history to include the sustainable logo. Big thank yous to the AMAZING Eco Crew who helped make these achievements possible: Brian Borkowski, Kyle Simon, Brit Bucklee and Molly Nussbaum!